Call for Freelance Fact Checkers at Debunk Initiative (Apply by November 20th 2023)
We are excited to announce an opportunity for talented and passionate individuals to join the Debunk Media Initiative as Freelance Fact-Checkers.
If you are interested in combating misinformation, promoting media literacy, and building a community of fact-checkers, we invite you to apply for this opportunity.
About this Opportunity:
In our work to address the problem of fake news and misconceptions that mislead citizens and cause real-life harm, we produce multimedia fact-checking shows and work with trained fact-checkers who align with our vision of creating a world where people access factual information to make informed decisions. We are looking for 2 freelance fact-checkers to work with our Production team to verify misinformation and work on various fact-checks for the organization.
- Position: Freelance Fact Checker
- Duration: 6 months
- Location: Debunk Media Initiative Offices at MCI Media Hub in Kabalagala]
- Job Type: [Part-Time]
- Nature of Job: [Research, Video, Audio and writing]
As a FreeLance Fact Checker at Debunk Media Initiative, you will have to:
- Conduct Media Monitoring and Identify mis/disinformation for fact-checking
- Conduct research on emerging trends in misinformation and fact-checking methodologies
- Fact Check and Analyse information using the Debunk fact-checking App/ Bot and other tools. Produce these in text, video or audio format.
- Contribute to content creation for social media platforms and other communication channels with research made
- Collaborate with the team on special projects/ initiatives and participate in team meetings, training sessions, and professional development opportunities.
A professional with a degree in Journalism or any related field. Students are also encouraged to apply.
Strong research, analytical, and critical thinking skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Familiarity with media literacy, fact-checking principles, and online verification tools is a plus
Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
Passion for combating misinformation and promoting accurate information dissemination
A desire to learn
To apply for this position, Fill out the application form by Applying here
Application Deadline [November 20th, 2023]
We will review all applications and contact shortlisted candidates for further evaluation, which may include interviews or written assessments.
Join us in our mission to debunk misinformation and create a world where people access accurate information to make informed decisions.
If you have any questions or require further information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at [email@example.com /0750595811].
We look forward to receiving your application.