Call for Program Intern
Call for Program Interns at Debunk Initiative (Apply by June 15 2023)
We are excited to announce an opportunity for talented and passionate individuals to join the Debunk Media Initiative as Program Interns.
If you are interested in combating misinformation, promoting media literacy, and building strategic partnerships with interested developing partners, we invite you to apply for this internship opportunity.
About Debunk Media Initiative:
Debunk Media Initiative is Uganda’s leading organization dedicated to fact-checking and countering misinformation across various media platforms. Our mission is to provide accurate and verified information to the public and contribute to a more informed society.
About this Internship
In our work to address the problem of fake news and misconceptions that mislead citizens and cause real life harm, we produce multimedia fact checking shows and work with strategic partners who align with our vision of creating a world where people access factual information to make informed decisions. We are looking for an intern to work with our programs team to build strategic partnerships and work on various funding opportunities for the organization.
- Position: Program Intern
- Duration: [June 19 2023] to [August 20 2023]
- Location: Debunk Media Initiative Offices at MCI Media Hub in Kabalagala]
- Internship Type: [Full-Time]
- Nature of Internship: [Academic Internship]
As a Program Intern at Debunk Media Initiative, you will have the opportunity to:
- Conduct research on emerging trends in misinformation and fact-checking methodologies
- Assist in fact-checking and analyzing information using the Debunk fact checking Bot
- Support the development and implementation of programs and public awareness campaigns
- Contribute to content creation for social media platforms and other communication channels
- Collaborate with the team on special projects and initiatives and participate in team meetings, training sessions, and professional development opportunities.
- Work with the team to map out various partners, funding opportunities and apply for grants.
- Currently enrolled as a student pursuing a Degree or Major
- Strong research, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with media literacy, fact-checking principles, and online verification tools is a plus
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for combating misinformation and promoting accurate information dissemination
To apply for the Program Intern position, Fill out the application form by Applying here
Application Deadline [June 15th, 2023]
We will review all applications and contact shortlisted candidates for further evaluation, which may include interviews or written assessments.
Join us in our mission to debunk misinformation and create a world where people access accurate information to make informed decisions.
If you have any questions or require further information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at [firstname.lastname@example.org /0750595811].
We look forward to receiving your application.